Wednesday, July 30, 2008

There's no place like home!

I've lived in Utah now for about 27 years & even though it's grown on me, it's still not home! We made a quick trip to California last weekend (sorry Kerry, I should have called you!) & it was so hard to come back! My nephew Spencer was going through the temple for the first time & his brother Brandon was being ordained a Priest, so Thursday the boys & I packed the car while Eli was at work & at 7:30 when he got home we hit the road.

Even though going "home" doesn't mean going to stay at the house I grew up in, in Santee...in fact I haven't been to Santee since Connor was two...just returning to the San Diego area is good enough for me!

Friday afternoon we went to the beach...oh how I miss the beach! Not so much the sand though. I miss the days when I used to go to the beach at least twice a week...now I'm lucky to make it twice a year! At Seven Peaks, a local water park, they have a wave pool that's fun...but it's no match for the beach on a boogie board!

Saturday we were going to go back to the beach, but received a surprise call from our old friend John Porter. He and his wife, Kathy (Stanger), another old friend, were in town & on their way over. What fun it was looking at old prom pictures and remembering the good ol' days!

Sunday & the ride back to Utah came way to fast! It's funny...as kids we used to joke on our way up to Utah for family reunions that we needed to set our watches back two years...now it's probably my nephews & nieces making the joke as they come to visit me!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean! No matter where I am currently residing, I think I will always consider San Diego my home... How was the excursion down? Sounds eventful! I am sad that I missed it.

kerrbear said...

I hadn't realized it's been so long since you moved up there! And you do still have to set your clocks back, Right?! Wow! Sorry I missed you, I've been longing for family and it would have been nice to see you! But that's what happens when the people around you grow up huh?! C'mon down and I'll take you to the beach on the boat! That's a fun way to enjoy it without all the sand!
Love ya!