Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Everyone has a story...

One of our ward Enrichment groups is called Everyone Has A Story & it's to help those that attend write their life story. I have always wanted to write my life story, but I always thought writing your life story meant starting at the beginning & telling the story chronologically....Too big a challenge! Then this group started & I was going to attend, but always remembered the day after they met. So as one of my New Year's goals I began attending this group. Wow! Who new writing your life story could be easy & fun! We pick a topic each month for what to write about for the next meeting...topics like: my favorite childhood memory, my siblings, how my parents met or how I met my spouse and then organize the writings in a binder...It's been a lot of fun! This way it's not so overwhelming...just one page at a time...I can do this!

Then I got to thinking...I've had several friends, co-workers & family members invite me to view their blogs lately...what better way to have a record of our family history...as it's happening! No going back & trying to remember all the details of an event later...I've got it written now!

No comments: