Thursday, August 7, 2008

Can I complain...

In May I started working at Utah Valley University in the Legal Studies office, and I am SO tired of people calling because they have a legal problem & need a lawyer. When I politely tell them that although most of the professors are practicing attorneys they do not give legal advice, the person invariably will begin telling me what their problem is! UG! Did they not hear me...we don't give legal advice! And telling me your problems is not going to change the policy...it's just going to waste both of our time!

Okay...I'm done complaining!

Other than that, I LOVE my new job! I really enjoyed my job at Utah State Prison, but now not only do I enjoy my job...but it only takes 10 minutes to get there & I only have to fill my gas tank every other week! The tuition benefit is pretty nice too!

1 comment:

Evan said...

I am amazed at how little people actually listen. I think that people get used to bending the rules to fit them and don't realize that sometimes a rule actually will stand!