Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tis the Season

I received a Christmas Edition of one of those "getting to know you" emails from my cousin Kerry the other day, but figured that instead of sending the answers out in an email I post them to my blog.
It was kind of fun filling in the answers.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real

3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas...a few times after everyone leaves on Christmas day!

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Chrissy doll...you could push a button to make her hair long or short

7. Hardest person to buy for? Dad

8. Easiest person to buy for? Eli & the boys

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes...I collect them

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I always buy them with good intentions, but don't always get them mailed...hopefully this year they go out tomorrow!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? An UGLY necklace from a guy I was dating at the time!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life

13. When do you start shopping? It doesn't matter...I'm still shopping on Christmas eve...even when I start early!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Well.......a lot of the creams & candles I got from students when I worked at Challenger made good last minute gifts!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? All the goodies...especially Fudge!

16. Lights on the tree? Definitely...as many as possible!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Christmas Island

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We always talk about going somewhere "next" year...but something usually happens to change our plans!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? yes...Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzn & Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel...but not one of those ugly plastic ones with the lights under the skirt!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Only one on Christmas eve...funny how it always turns out to be new jammies!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Icy roads & stupid drivers...I love the shopping & the crowds!!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My mother gave Eli & I a beautiful "Our First Christmas" ornament for our first Christmas which started our tradition of adding a special ornament each year that represents the year for us...my favorites are the Surfing Santa from our California Christmas & the firetruck from the year of the fire!

24. Favorite at Christmas dinner? Mashed potatoes & homemade rolls

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new digital camera would be nice

So now for those of you with the time & inclination lets see your answers on your blogs...

1 comment:

Claire said...

I love the pajamas, what a great tradition in my family started by grandma. My sister have thought about starting up a tradition where we try and find each other the ugliest pajamas possible to give to each other! And I love your ornament tradition. What fun ideas you have!

I hope that your Christmas was as good as it sounds here, and I hope that you enjoy some time with grandpa!

Love you and miss you!