Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I keep learning...

So, another birthday came & went...Mother Nature delivered a wonderful snowstorm to my door (and don't you like how I added it to my blog!), but birthdays as an adult aren't nearly as exciting as they were when I was younger. Now that I'm "almost" 50 I decided to take a little inventory & figure out what life has taught me...

1) Follow the 3 R’s:
Respect for self...Respect for others...Responsibility for ALL your actions

2) When you lose...don’t lose the lesson.

3) Not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

4) Give the benefit of the doubt.

5) When you realize you’ve made a mistake...take immediate steps to correct it.

6) In disagreements, deal only with the current situation... don’t bring up the past.

7) Live a good honorable life...that way when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.

8) Be open to change...but never give up your values.

9) Forgive quickly...you may be asking for mercy one day.

10) Think before you speak...words can never be undone.

No comments: