Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New beginnings...

Since Tanner was going to a new school where no one already knew him & he didn't have a reputation, Eli & I explained to him that this was a new beginning for him...people weren't already expecting him to act a certain way and he could control what people thought of him, by the way he presented himself . The teachers & kids at Monticello wouldn't know if Tanner had been the smartest, the wise-cracker, the class clown or the bully.

Eli told him that he could be whoever he wanted to be. When first presented with this idea, Tanner's response was "how can I be whoever I want to be...I'm Tanner" & Eli explaind that he could even go by a different name if he wanted to...he considered Riley (his middle name) or Tre (his initials) but decided he really liked being Tanner.

That's what I like about new beginnings...it's a chance to keep the parts you like & improve the things you'd like to change.

No comments: