Saturday, August 16, 2008

There's hope...

We have had a lot of “projects” to do around the house and yard this summer, and the boys have really worked hard. Eli & I tried to make sure we also had opportunities for fun & adventure to make sure that summer wasn’t all work & no play. But when it’s time to work, the boys seem to forget about the goods times…with all the complaining & arguing it’s almost easier to do it without their help!

Eli & I have wondered many times if we are getting the points of being reliable & having a good work ethic across to Connor & Tanner…but we must be doing something right. On several different occasions this week I’ve had people mention how reliable & hardworking my boys are. It’s nice to know that even though they whine and complain about helping at home, when it comes to serving others they are willing to pitch in and work hard.

1 comment:

Evan said...

I know Connor has been a huge help to me these past couple of days... And have seen that he actually does help around the house too! What's your secret Mickey?

Also, whats the trick to two kids? We are in for a rude awakening I think...!