Wednesday, March 4, 2009

CoNnOr TuRnS 16 tOdAy...

The night before last...actually I guess it was morning...I woke up at 2 am & could not get back to sleep for about an hour, then I woke up again at 4 am! Since going off of caffeine I have been sleeping really well, so I was pretty frustrated that I kept waking up. As I was laying there wishing I was asleep, I realized that 16 years ago I'd had a pretty restless night too! I was very uncomfortable & couldn't fall asleep...at 2 am when I woke up because I was wet, without realizing why, I changed & went back to bed. When I woke up an hour later because I was wet again a light-bulb went off! My water had broke! I remember thinking, "but if this baby is as tired as I am, he wants more sleep" then going back to bed. I slept for a few more hours before going to the hospital. After a lecture about not coming right in, a long day & night of labor began! At 2 am Connor Thomas Escamilla was born!

(Our first family picture - Connor's 2 days old)

So, to celebrate Connor's 16th birthday, I've created a list of my 16 favorite things about Connor.

1) Connor is a hugger...I love Connor's hugs!
2) I love that Connor has such a quick wit & good sense of humor.
3) I'm proud that he honors his Priesthood.
4) Connor is a very good cook.
5) He writes really good poetry & short stories, and has even had a couple published.
6) Connor has always been very artistic.
7) I love that he enjoys reading SO much!
8) As much as I hate to admit he's taller than me, I love that he can reach the high stuff for me.
9) Learning is easy for Connor, especially when it's a subject he enjoys.
10) I love that Connor can help me with my math!
11) Connor is one of my favorite people!
12) He is a good big brother.
13) Connor is a hard worker & very helpful around the house with some of our big projects.
14) He is a good leader & follows through with his responsibilities.
15) Connor is full of little known facts & has one for about any situation.
16) He loves the gospel & is proud to be a Mormon.

Happy Birthday Connor!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Connor! 16! time goes way too fast!