Thursday, May 26, 2011

Do You See What I See?

Eli and I put a new TV on layaway a while back and when we went to pick it up we brought Connor along in case Eli needed help lifting it. When we got to the counter to make our final payment we were informed that our TV had been sold! While Eli and I were waiting to talk to a manager about a solution, I told Connor to go look at recliners and see if they had any that matched our couches. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I referred to the couches as red, wine, or burgundy colored. To which Connor replied, "You mean our couches aren't brown?"

Duh! I forgot that Connor was colorblind for reds and greens!

Actually both Connor and Tanner are colorblind. I guess it's just easy to forget, because it doesn't keep them from living a "normal" life. Since that incident though, I have been more aware of reds and greens when I see them and start to wonder how what I am seeing would be viewed by my boys. Thanks to this website I can get an idea of how the world looks through the eyes of my two boys.

When I see this:



Connor & Tanner see this:



WOW! What a contrast to what I see! It gives me a whole new appreciation for being able see all the colors of the rainbow!

No comments: