Sunday, June 21, 2009

Grandpa's One-liners...

I've got several friends with young children that are always posting the funny things their little ones say on their blogs, and I have often wished the boys were younger and giving me material for my blog. Now I have my father saying funny things almost daily, so I'm going to begin posting the things he says & calling them Grandpa's One-liners.

Here are a few samples:

About a week after he moved into Jamestown, he had been over for a visit & I was taking him back to his apartment. As we walked into the common area where a lot of the residents come to watch TV he said, "I don't like it here, I don't belong here." My response was "Dad, you're always telling me how much you like it here." He then waved his arm around the room & said "But look, they're all old."

Suzy & her family were flying into town Friday morning & were going to drive up to Idaho to visit a favorite uncle, dad's brother Skip. They decided it would be nice to take dad with them, so Friday morning I picked him up at 8:00 & took him to meet them. As we were walking toward the door I was a few steps ahead of dad, when a lady that lives there passed between us & dad kind of bumped into her a little. After bumping into her dad said, "Excuse me darling" to her, then to me he said, "She's one of my girlfriends. I like her best...she doesn't talk too much."

Then, tonight as I was taking him back over to Jamestown the radio was on a country station. Kenny Chesney was singing his song Down the Road, about a boy that wants to marry the girl "down the road." One of the lines is about how the girls father wants to know if the boys makes enough to take his daughter down the road. After that line dad said, "heck, how much money do you need to go down the road...that's dumb"

No comments: